CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2005

From:
Cris Luengo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 12:24:33 -0700

Ian Dobbie wrote:
> I don't know about the META files, but the older multi-channel .lsm
> files were just multi-page tiffs with a bit of extra information in
> them. You could open them in almost anything that would read a
> multi-page tiff, and then sort out which channel was which
> detector. I would be very surprised if the META data is any
> different. However, it may take a bit of fiddling to sort out what
> order the various (wavelength, z-stack, time) data is stored in!

The LSM files produced by the 510 META still are TIFF files with
multiple pages. But the different channels are stored as color
components, thus most TIFF readers will be able to read only images
with either one or 3 channels. Also, every second image in the file
is a thumbnail, so you need to skip those when reading.

Cheers,
Cris.

--
Cris L. Luengo Hendriks, PhD