CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2005

From:
"J. Scott Gens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 17:42:00 -0500

David-

I just tried this on my copy of Leica Confocal Software program and I didn't
have any trouble with it.  I'm using version 2.61, LCS 'lite' which is the
evaluation version. (Our Leica system is on order, but I'm playing with the
demo software to become familiar with the program in advance of the scope's
arrival.)

Here's what I did...

1)Loaded an image stack using the 'Open' Tab at the top.

[Image stack loaded]

2)Click on 'view' arrow near left bottom of the screen.

3) Under the 'View' arrow, I selected 'sect.' tab. The graphic has an image of
a pair of scissors on it.

[Two extra boxes appear-- one below and one to the left of the XY image
representing XZ and YZ views respectively. Initially a pair of dark gray lines
meet at dead center in the XY view. ]

4)Dragged the lines to locate single slices of interest in XZ or YZ views.

5) Right-clicked on the XZ box.  [It became outlined by a dotted white line.]

6) Chose to 'send'.  Here you have an option of sending to 'Printer' or
to 'Experiment'.  If you send to 'experiment' you have the option of making
either a snapshot or a raw data file.  Snapshot seems to generate a TIF file
which I presume would be your desired output for publishing.

J. Scott Gens, PhD
Institute for Biological Complexity
Department of Physics
Indiana University