CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Jennifer Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:37:48 +0930

Dear all

Can anyone please tell me the excitation and emission spectra for Spectrum
Orange?

I have a user who is interested in using Spectrum Orange for FISH, and we would
like to know if we can image this with any of our filter sets on our
fluorescence microscopes, however I am having trouble finding out what the
excitation and emission spectra for Spectrum Orange is.  Vysis, the/a company
that sells Spectrum Orange simply states that it can be imaged with their
"Single Band Pass Orange Filter" (no filter specs provided, although they sell
the filters).

(The only information on Spectrum Orange in the confocal list archives is that
the emission peak of Spectrum Orange is 10nm apart from Texas Red)

Any comments on the photostability of Spectrum Orange, and any potential
pitfalls of using this fluorophore, would also be appreciated

Kind regards
Jennifer Clarke

--
Jennifer Clarke BSc (Hons) PhD