CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:39:38 -0700

Dear Sarah,
Had you zoomed in to the bead?  consider a few mW on the full field
of the objective at zoom = 1, but after zooming in to adequately
sample the bead those same few mW are now concentrated onto a
fraction of the area.  Your bead may have moved, but they are very
easy to bleach.  that is a very small volume of fluorophores.

Åt least you have more.

Glen

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******