CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
James Pawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:12:42 -0700

>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>I like the Hamamatsu ORCA AG for fixed and live cell fluorescence
>imaging.  Very briefly...For live cell fluorescence imaging you
>want a cooled CCD camera that has high quantum efficiency (peak of
>60% or more in the wavelengths you will be imaging) and low read
>noise (8 electrons or less).  If you are doing high resolution work,
>you want small pixels (7um or less is small enough for most of us).
>The capacity to do binning is also very useful for live cell
>imaging.  I strongly recommend you do some reading as well.  Take a
>look at:  Spring (2000) BioTechniques Vol 21 (1):76.  There are also
>good chapters on cameras in Digital Microscopy, 3rd Ed (Sluder &
>Wolf, eds).  Appendix 3 in the 3rd edition of the "Confocal Bible"
>(Handbook of Biological Confocal Microscopy, Pawley, ed) is also a
>great resource.  (Jim, haven't you made this available online?)
>
>Best, Jennifer

Hi all,

Yes, it can be found at:

http://www.springer.com/0-387-25921-X

Look under "Additional information" on the right and click the lower
of the 2 articles.

Cheers,

Jim P.

Prof. James B. Pawley,                                     Phone: 604-822-7801
3D Microscopy of Living Cells: Summer Course   CELL: 778-861-2874

"If it isn't diffraction, it is statistics":Microscopist's complaint, Anon.