CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:34:48 -0400

I am also interested in a light source for student scopes, but at
$3000-4000, these LED light sources are not exactly cheap.  A 50W
mercury illuminator is about half that price.  It makes sense to not
have the expense or hassle of mercury lamps in a student lab, but it
sure would be nice to have a cost effective solution.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Co-head Flow Cytometry and Confocal Microscopy Facility
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269