CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
"Dr. Graham Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:32:03 +0800
Zoltan,

We also has the LASOS multi-line argon laser fail prematurely in our SP5
(the whole system was only about 8 months old). In contrast to your problem
it was a complete failure and the laser and power supply was replaced, then
with the new laser in place one of the downstream control boards was also
replaced as it was misbehaving limiting the laser power at the sample. It
was a good as new post repair and continues to be so (now at nearly 18
months old).

Interestingly, we also had the 488 solid state laser in our SPE die within a
year of purchase too (again this was replaced and is now fine). I would be
interested to hear from other SPE owners as to whether they have had
problems with laser failure in their systems.

Best wishes,
Graham

-----
Graham Wright