CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2010

From:
Sylvie LeGuyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:14:25 +0000

Hi Anya

We had the same problem with our argon and 2 P lasers warming up the room (3 other microscopes) and the air con not being able to stabilize the temperature. Installing above the lasers hoods (no fan, just large metal funnels) that channel the heat to the main ventilation output worked well for us and was cheap. Additionally, you can also hang a curtain around the lasers, but  you must make sure that you have the proper ventilation/hood on the laser side of the curtain. This has the advantage that the curtain can be pushed to the side for servicing. It often requires moving the lasers lightly away from the microscope and grouping them together which is not always possible.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

Sylvie Le Guyader
Live Cell Imaging Unit
Dept of Biosciences and Nutrition
Karolinska Institutet
14183 Huddinge
Sweden
office: 08 608 9240 from 17.12 +46 (0) 8 5248 1107 new number!
LCI room: 08 608 9248 from 17.12 +46 (0) 8 5248 1172 new number!
mobile: +46 (0) 73 733 5008