CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2011

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:07:27 -0400

Dear Confocal listserv,

I now have approval to sell our Zeiss LSM510 confocal microscope.
Briefly, 4 PMT system (not META), Axiovert 200M motorized stand, Argon
ion visible laser, HeNe543, HeNe633, several objective lenses. UV laser
ready. You can optionally purchase from us the Coherent Enterprise I UV
laser, power supply, LP5 chiller - UV laser is not currently operation
so needs refurbishing ($8500 from Evergreen Laser, similar price from
Laser Innovations, no including shipping). System was under service
contract until Feb 1 of this year. Three PMT's were replaced last year,
so in pretty good shape.

Zeiss currently has a promotion to trade in an LSM510 or Bio-Rad
confocal for $75K credit toward a LMS710 or 780. My core is moving to
nanoscope(s), so I am not going to use the promotion (and Zeiss is not
offering it for their PAL-m or SIM or even TIRF systems). Even if you
don't get in on the promotion, you could negotiate for that amount with
your Zeiss rep.

I have a potential buyer so don't wait around long. We can arrange with
Zeiss field service to find shipping crates and they can pack and
unpack. You can visit Miami to try it out (sorry - rainy season just
started).

Sincerely,

George

George McNamara, PhD