CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2011

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 13:20:02 -0600

If scattering is the issue then adaptive optics will be more advantageous
than dispersion control.  The adaptive optics will help compensate somewhat
for the scattering and aberrations induced by the tissue.  To get good 2P
imaging you need a good focal spot more-so than you need a perfectly
transform limited pulse.  Adaptive optics will help keep your focus together
as you try to image deeply.  That said, dispersion compensation will help
somewhat so if you already have the necessary equipment then try it.

Craig