CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
Tobias Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:47:30 +0000

The Ortec 425 is an excellent tip, Christian! That's what I need - they even have a nice CFD. I was googling around for digital nanosecond delays but the price for the ones with precise enough timing was a little steep...
A simple BNC surely would do the trick but I'd like to find the best delay empirically (I still don't know if better pulse lock-in of the sampling will make a difference at all). Given the many meters of cabling, convoluted optical path, and different fluorophores I'm using at my setup I wouldn't even know were to start calculating the correct delay and cable length.  The Ortec spans the right range of delays... so let's hope it's cheap enough.
Thanks everybody for the replys!

Best, Tobias