CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2012

From:
Nuno Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:32:25 +0100

Dear Core Facility Manager,

As part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of the Gulbenkian Institute for Science, you are invited to participate in the Core Management Workshop, taking place at the Gulbenkian Institute for Science, Oeiras, Portugal, on July 12-13, 2012. In this two-day workshop we will discuss and share key aspects of core facility management, including equipment quality control, booking management, core business models, availability of grants for facility development, among other issues.

Speakers:

Tim Bushnell – University of Rochester, US
Derek Davies – Cancer Research Center, UK
Andy Riddell – EMBL, Germany
Timo Zimmermann – CRG, Spain
Martin Spitaler – Imperial College, UK
Rui Gardner - IGC, Portugal
Nuno Moreno, IGC, Portugal

Besides talks from expert core managers, we will have a few commercial presentations from our sponsors, an informal poster session and a round-table discussion at the end of the workshop. Preliminary program and other details of the workshop can be found at:

http://uic.igc.gulbenkian.pt/coreworkshop.htm

All applicants are invited to submit a poster abstract, either scientific, technical or a simple overview of their facility. The aim is to foster discussion on the different strategies each Core Facility uses to provide the best possible scientific and technical output. If you wish to submit a poster abstract, you can send it to us by email.