CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:44:29 +0200

In contrast to Michaels experience, SHG and THG of collagen gels works
for us. SHG images of such a gel can be found in Figure 2 in

Signal improvement in multiphoton microscopy by reflection with simple
mirrors near the sample
Markus Rehberg ; Fritz Krombach ; Ulrich Pohl ; Steffen Dietzel
J. Biomed. Opt. 15(2), 026017 (April 20, 2010). doi:10.1117/1.3374337

http://biomedicaloptics.spiedigitallibrary.org/article.aspx?articleid=1103350#f2

But you do need quite a bit of output power to achieve a good signal, it
may well be in a range that could be harmfull for cells, we didn't try
that.

cheers

Steffen

On 30.08.2012 23:37, Cammer, Michael wrote:

> Reflection imaging by scanning confocal is very effective for artificial collagen matrix.  Spaces in the collagen (bubbles or tunnels) or degradation of the collagen can be imaged and quantified.  Works both live and fixed.
>
> We have found that 2nd or 3rd harmonic imaging by multiphoton does not work in artificial collagen matrix.

> Michael Cammer, Assistant Research Scientist
> Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
> Lab: (212) 263-3208  Cell: (914) 309-3270

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
Head of light microscopy

Mail room:
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München

Building location: