CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2013

From:
Shane van Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:27:53 -0600

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about imaging bacteria (specifically Tuberculosis or any
Mycobacterium).

1.) I am interested in the mycolic acids of the bacteria. Does anyone know of
a specific fluorescent dye (with specific wavelengths) or any anti - mycolic
acid antibodies for immunolabelling?

2.) What would be the best way to fix the bacteria to slides from broth? They
need to fixed and dead since they are pathogenic. But I would like to view
whole cells and not sections from resin.

Thanks very much for your input.

Shane