CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:34:57 +0200

A note of caution concerning the sequential imaging approach,  930->1040
or 850->1000: Most objectives won't be color corrected in that range, so
it is quite possible that the excitation with these two wavelengths may
be several microns apart in z.

For testing this, I'd recommend quantum dots dried on a glass surface:
Excitable with any wavelength and giving a bright signal, of which the
peak is easy to determine in a z-stack. I used 665 nm emission dots, but
others should work to.

Steffen