CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2014

From:
Antonio J Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:52:37 +0000

Hi all,

For some purposes in live cell imaging we assemble a chamber with a coverslip on top of a slide.
We use two halves of another coverslip to act as spacers.

The  issue is the sealing. We've been using VALAP (a kind of wax) that we  melt and then use to seal all the way through the periphery of the  coverslip.

It works, but it would be more convenient to have something that does not have to be heated, and that would harden just by  contact with air.
A bit like the nail varnish used for fixed material ... but here we need something which is biologically inert.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Antonio

António Pereira
Chromosome Instability and Dynamics Group, Maiato lab

IBMC - Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology
Porto- Portugal

António Pereira
IBMC - Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular
Grupo Instabilidade e Dinâmica Cromossómica

Rua do Campo Alegre, 823
4150-180 Porto
Portugal

+351 22 607 49 00 (ext# 1620)