CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
John Oreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:49:09 -0400

Andrew, this paper might be of interest to you:

Title:
Structured illumination diffraction phase microscopy for broadband, subdiffraction resolution, quantitative phase imaging

Authors:
Chowdhury, S; Izatt, J

Author Full Names:
Chowdhury, Shwetadwip; Izatt, Joseph

Source:
OPTICS LETTERS, 39 (4):1015-1018; 10.1364/OL.39.001015 FEB 15 2014

Language:
English

Document Type:
Article

KeyWords Plus:
DIGITAL HOLOGRAPHIC MICROSCOPY; FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY; LIMIT; SUPERRESOLUTION

Abstract:
Structured illumination microscopy (SIM) is an established technique
that allows subdiffraction resolution imaging by heterodyning high
sample frequencies into the system's passband via structured
illumination. However, until now, SIM has been typically used to achieve
subdiffraction resolution for intensity-based imaging. Here, we present
a novel optical setup that uses structured illumination with a broadband
light source to obtain noise-reduced, subdiffraction resolution,
quantitative phase imaging (QPM) of cells. We compare this with a
previous work for subdiffraction QPM imaging via SIM that used a laser
source, and was thus still corrupted by coherent noise. (C) 2014 Optical
Society of America