CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2014

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:10:37 -0500

Hi Andreas,

since you've gone SLM, are you going to let B-Halle.de sell 3D-EasySTED
SWPs?

And couldn't your marketing dept have come up with a product name that
is not copying Matthias Reuss 3D-EasySTED segmented waveplate?

The A.I. design does not look like Dr. Reuss's implementation

http://abberior-instruments.com/products/easy3d/

re:
http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/volltextserver/volltexte/2011/11539/pdf/Reuss_Dissertation.pdf

http://works.bepress.com/gmcnamara/3/

thanks,

George

On 10/30/2014 4:56 AM, Andreas Schönle wrote:
> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Dear list members,
>
> Abberior Instruments now offers a 3D STED module (easy3D STED) as newest addition to its line of modular STED systems.
>
> At its core, a programmable spatial light modulator (SLM) creates the phase patterns required for 2D and 3D STED microscopy. Our design has a number of unique advantages: (1) We use a single STED beam path for both donuts, which results in unrivaled stability and (2) as for our 2D systems we support various objective lenses allowing you to choose between oil, silicon, glycerol and water immersion lenses, plus the use of adaptive optics allows for aberration control. This greatly enhances penetration depth in 3D STED imaging.
>
> For details, images and movies please visit  http://abberior-instruments.com/products/easy3d
> Andreas Schoenle

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Single Cells Analyst
L.J.N. Cooper Lab
University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, TX 77054
Tattletales http://works.bepress.com/gmcnamara/42