CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2015

From:
James Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:23:49 +0100
Dear Gabor,
We routinely do this for widefield imaging or, photometry (using a photomultiplier to record fluorescence from an optically defined ROI). &nbsp;If I understand your question correctly then you need a red or infrared filter in line with the transmitted light source and a second camera port, filter wheel or image splitter device so as to record the red/ir transmitted alongside the fluorescence wavelengths. Typical configurations would be:&nbsp;
(a) simultaneous transmitted/fluorecence using a dichroic beamsplitter to divert light between sensitive (fluorescence) and cheap (transmitted) cameras(b) sequentially with fluorescence using an automated filter wheel to change emitters(c) in parallel with fluorescence on your imaging camera using one channel of an image splitter for the transmitted light and the other(s) for fluorescence
The main thing is to choose a transmitted wavelength that doesn't hurt your cells or overlap with the required fluorescence; and that will pass through the microscope dichroic. &nbsp;We have a range of dedicated products to achieve the configurations above and would be very happy to advise further

J. P.  Kerin
Marketing Director
Cairn Research  Ltd
Graveney Road
Faversham
Kent, ME13 8UP
UK

Tel: + 44 (0)1795 594507
&nbsp;&nbsp;filters and mirrors now in stock!

&nbsp;