CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2015

From:
Lloyd Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2015 08:28:52 +1200
Gary

We recently provided artwork for a display in our reception foyer. The final print is about 3m x 4m so larger than your 8' x 11'. The original image that I provided was 3000 x 2500 ( a montage of many individual images - the original object is about 1 cm square and we used a 10x objective, 15 images @ 1024x1024). At 300 dpi that is about 25 x 19 cm so the image must have been interpolated quite considerably if it was actually printed at 300 dpi. The end result is however spectacular - no visible pixilation. My suggestion would be to go for a big image with a lot of fine detail.

Regards

Dr Lloyd Donaldson
Microscopy & Wood Identification
Senior Scientist – Plant Cell Walls & Biomaterials
Scion – Forests, Products, Innovation
49 Sala Street, Rotorua 3010
New Zealand
Ph 07 343 5581