CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Max Garre' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 02:04:38 -0600

Hi Neil,

in my hands and on the SP5 we have in our facility I always had some doubts
using the HyD for colocalization: when I analyze the scatter plot in the
colocalization analisys of the Leica software, the pixels of the HyD channel
do not have an even distribution; they are concentrated only in certain
values of the full bit range. I don't know if this is due to the different
gain of the Hyd (used in standard mode) but I feel this effect could affect
the standard colocalization factors that you calculate (Perasons Overlap, ...).
Anyway I never tried a PMT vs HyD direct comparison.

My two cents

Max

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:59:29 +0000, Anthony, Neil <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>*****
>To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to:
>http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=confocalmicroscopy
>Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
>*****
>
>Hi all, I hope the scopes are treating you well.
>
>I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on using Leica HyD detectors for
colocalization.  If one was forced to colocalize a HyD channel to a PMT
channel, how would this affect the results when compared to a PMT-PMT coloc?
 I'm assuming here that both channels would have the same bit-depth.