CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:23:17 -0700

I've used household vinegar for this, or you can make up 5% acetic acid
from lab stock. If you can get any flow at all, just keep running solution
through it. If you're lucky, the vinegar will dissolve out any mineral
deposits and also help loosen up any biological gunk. Once you have things
flowing well, flush with regular water. Finally, put Optishield or similar
into your final coolant water to help keep this from happening in the
future. I'm sure others will chime in with their own magic recipes for
loosening up stuff like this, so give it all a try and you should hit on
something that works.

Best of luck!

Craig Brideau