CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
Dr Steven Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:05:33 GMT-10
 Kim Dwyer recently wrote:

>Dear Members,
>        I am not in the market to buy a Confocal Microscope.....but I
>would like to know how much they cost --as a comment in my thesis my
>supervisor wanted me to indicate the cost--i.e. they are expensive which
>makes them somewhat prohibitive--(not every lab can have one rather it's
>usually a shared resource).
>
>So let's say it's a Biorad MRC600, with computer, thermal printer,nice
>microscope, etc.   My guess is around $100,000 Canadian. Nice that I did
>not have to really know the expense as a grad student  :-D
>Thanks,
>
>Kim

NOTE THAT I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THIS COMPANY.

Optiscan manufacture a unique fibre optic confocal system here in Australia. It
is a complete confocal system which fits onto any microscope. This is
achieved by attaching the scanning head to a camera port of the
scope. It is available for around US$72,000.

The  web site for Optiscan can be viewed on "http://203.20.2.19".

I hope that this is of help

Steven

Dr Steven Thomas
 Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
  Level 4, Block E
   Monash Medical Centre
    Clayton, Victoria 3168
     AUSTRALIA