CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

From:
joerg hagmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 10:38:54 +0100
At 03:50 PM 12/13/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Confocalists,
>
>        I would like to know what software people are using to image process
>their data sets from the Confocal on the SGI? I am at present comparing
>all the image processing programs available, not just on the SGI.
>
>At present I have Imaris from Bitplane running on a SGI, and this has a number
>of problems.

We are running Imaris by Bitplane, including the Huygens module developed by
H. van der Voort (Scientific Volume Imaging BV, Hilversum, NL) for
deconvolving images, and have none of the problems mentioned by A. Sossick.
On the contrary, we find it is a very powerful and excellent software. We
acquire the confocal images on a Leica system.
Dr. J. Hagmann
Friedrich Miescher Institute
P.O. Box 2543
4002 Basel, Switzerland