CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

From:
George Swerhone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 12:32:10 -0600
Insect exoskeletons autofluoresce quite well. We used 488 excitation with a
515 lp emission filter on a biorad mrc 600 with an argon laser and obtained
good results. If you use a penetrating nucleic acid stain you will see
additional things. Make sure whatever you use to mount the ticks is non
fluorescent (epoxies are very bright). Water as a mountant  with water
immersible lenses works very well.
                                                                        George.