CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
Sabine Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:21:11 +0000
Dear Listmembers,

I have been asked  about non-fluorescent dyes for counterstaining of
fixed material. I do live cell work and have never come across
this problem so far. Maybe someone else has experience in this area.

The interested person wants a brightfield counterstain for  sections
that will

1: be stable in aqueous mountant

2: not be blue! (the stain has to be used in conjunction with alcian
blue)

3: not show up on any of the fluorescent channels.

a yellow/brown stain would be ideal, but any suggestions would be
welcome.

Thank you very much in advance

Sabine
_______________________________________