CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
Andy Hubbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 16:12:32 +0100
> I need some additional information.
>
> 1) I found the name Fluoromount in the archives.  Has anyone experience
> with it?  Where can it be purchased from?

Hi Stamatis,

 We use fluoromount routinely here, often with UV excitation.  There
is no noticeable autofluorescence when using dapi or hoescht.
The media is quite viscous so sometimes cell cultures do suffer, but
viscosity does decrease slightly if stored at room temperature not in
the fridge.  It is a permanent mountant, and sets after a few
minutes, so no nail varnish!

It is available from BDH for approx. stlg10 for 100g

the cat. no. is '36098 2B' i think.

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy Hubbard.
Confocal Microscopy Technician,
CMHT., Hodgkin Building, Leicester University.
Tel: 0116 2525625,  email: [log in to unmask]