CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
"R. Howard Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 17:13:49 -0600
At the same multiphoton symposium Hans Gerritsen (Debye Institute, Utrecht)
showed the feasibility of doing fluorescence lifetime imaging using a
multiphoton instrument.  When commercial versions of a multiphoton
instrument become equipped with lifetime detectors detection of multiple
fluorophores could then be possible,  based on their fluorescence
liftetime.

>I am interested a reply to this also. Multi-photon acquisition is
>impressive in its live imaging capabilities and for the depth
>it can penetrate into a sample. I haven't seen good
>acquisition of double, much less triple labelled samples. We ended up
>collecting GFP and Texas red with the krypton-argon laser and Hoechst with
>the Ti-sapphire.
>
>Paulette Brunner
>W.M.Keck Center for Advanced Studies in Neural Signaling
>University of Washington
>Seattle, WA 98195-7290
>
>(206) 685-8784
>(206) 685-0619 (fax)