CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1998

Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:28:51 +0200
Dear Franco

You could try with FITC or Acridine orange (blue light excitation) but they
have high photobleaching.
Safranin (green light excitation) is better than both FITC and Acridine orange.
Also the rhodamine fluorocroms family (rhodamine B, rhodamine 123) are
possible and they have a high resistence to photobleaching (green light
excitation).
But the best (at least in my work) has been Texas red (Sulforhodamine 101
acid chloride, absoption max.= 596, emission max= 620). It has a high
resistence to photobleaching and high intensity. You can see details in:
Martinez-Nistal, A et al. “3D reconstruction of wood fibres using confocal
microscopy” Microscopy and Analysis, January 1998, pp 19-20.

I hope this help you.

MARTA
Marta A. Guervos
Servicio de Proceso de Imagenes