CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1999

From:
Michael Mancini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:56:59 -0800
and how fast is "VERY" fast?

 in retrospect, one suggestion from someone who shopped a decon system for a year
or two: have all the systems run multispeck beads to check for resolution and
chromatic/spherical aberration.  Doesn't matter how fast if things don't line
up!!  By the way, anything under 15 minutes should be considered "realtime" in my
opinion, as long as you can do that while you move on to do another image
collection.  I've noticed that once you get used to the degree of improvement the
deconvolution nets you, I don't get "surprised" too often.  You tend to collect a
stack, start a decon in the background (either locally or uploaded to another
machine), and move on to collect more...

Michael A. Mancini, Ph.D.
Department of Cell Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX  77030