CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
Robyn Rufner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:53:36 -0400
Dear Ken,

We recently upgraded our MRC 1000 to a 1024 configuration with LaserSharp 3.2 which utilizes a Dell Poweredge PC with partitioned drives: C for software and D for user files. Although the lsrshrp.ini has not been corrupted to date with 20 users, the drive selection often jumps from D to C before saving a file. Problems we experienced with the filter wheel on PMT 2 were corrected to date with replacement of a board.

Several "bugs" still exist, such as focus motor lock-ups, inconsistent operation of custom methods and sporatic operation of the transmittance detector. Also, a Yamaha CD writer with Unite CD software still will not burn files. Comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. If you will be attending the Microscopy & Microanalysis meeting in Portland in August and would like to get together to compare notes, please contact me at [log in to unmask]      Specific parameters for obtaining reliable 3D projections would also be appreciated.

Best regards,

Robyn Rufner, Ph.D.
Director, The Center for Microscopy and Image Analysis
Ross Hall, Suite 406
Adjunct Associate Professor, Anatomy and Cell Biology
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
2300 Eye Street, N.W., 431 Ross Hall
Washington, DC 20037-2337
Voice: (202) 994-2881