CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
Guy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:13:21 -0000
Hello All,

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me where I could get (or buy)
bacterial cell lines with GFP reporters ligated to the chromosome and
constitutively expressed, rather than on a plasmid.  I would like to have
the reporter strains in a variety of species; E. coli, Staph epi, etc.

I am planning on using the reporter for a long term adhesion study, and the
cost associated with selective pressure to retain the plasmid may be
prohibitive.  I am also worried about interfacial dynamics of the
antibiotic, and would not like to introduce that variable into the system.

I can be reached at:

**************************************
Guy Cook
President