CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
robert palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 18:11:55 -0400
You'll likely never get rid of the autofluor completely.  One approach that
may work if you are not terribly concerned about fluorescence intensity is
to show (hopefully bright) GFP plus minor amounts of autofluor with a BP
530/30 (the narrower the bandpass, the better), then use an LP 515 and/or
LP 580 to show GFP plus LARGE amounts of autofluor.  Put these two (three)
images side-by-side and I would believe your interpretation if handed them
to review.  The bacterial cells should be obvious unless you have a very
low mag.  Your irregular meat surface could be imaged nicely with a
water-immersible (dipping) lens.
Rob Palmer