CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
Tatiana Lorca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:20:22 -0400
Dear All,
along the same lines of the Gram +/- stains issue....I am attempting to
image raw beef samples inoculated with GFP-Labeled bacteria with the Zeiss
LSM 510 and have encountered autofluorescence in the beef interfering with
the GFP. Any suggestions on filters to use which would block out the
autofluorescence while still allowing me to visualize the beef (as a
transmitted light image perhaps) as well as the GFP-labeled microorganisms?
I've tried "tweaking' channels, filters, colors and am running up quite a
bill on the scope. Thanks in advance!

Tatiana A. lorca
M.S./Ph.D. candidate in Food Science and Technology
Lab 20
FST building
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg VA 24061