CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1999

From:
Martyn Mahaut-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:37:56 -0000
Christian,

I read your comments on the Leica & Zeiss systems since we (a small group studying Ca & pH) are about to purchase a confocal and oscillate between the two companies.

Can you tell me how rapidly you can linescan with the Zeiss: on paper the Leica can scan slightly faster, although with non-excitable cells we may need a video rate system in order to reliably detect unitary Ca events.

Thanks
Martyn

Dr Martyn Mahaut-Smith
British Heart Foundation Science Lecturer
Department of Physiology
University of Cambridge
Downing Street
Cambridge