CIVITAS Archives

March 2012, Week 1

CIVITAS@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Patrick Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:08:37 -0600
Good Day all Civitas members!

CAPI is currently seeking volunteers with some computer experience to
assist in a data entry project. CAPI is a community-based nonprofit
organization located in the Longfollow neighborhood of Minneapolis which
works with over 3,000 Somali and Hmong refugees and immigrants annually to
provide housing, food, and a variety of other services. This important data
entry project will be used as part of a voter registration campaign that
will be launched this summer. Prospective volunteers should be willing to
commit to 2-3 hours a week for multiple weeks. Previous data entry
experience not required and all necessary training will be provided. If
you're interested in volunteering with CAPI, or for more information about
the project, please contact Minrose Straussman at [log in to unmask],
or (412) 414-7784. For more information on CAPI and our programs, please
visit our website at www.capiusa.org.

Let me know if you have any further questions! Thank you for your help.

In other news, we are in the preliminary stages of creating a Thank You
event for all Civitas members who have volunteered with us this semester.
What would you want us to do? Pizza Party? Gift card? Picnic? Please send
me your suggestions :)

*"Being good is commendable, but only when it is paired with doing good is
it useful."*
* -unknown*

--
Patrick Terry

Student Neighborhood Liaison - Civitas
UMN Office of Student Community Relations
studentneighborhoodliaisons.blogspot.com