CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2017

From:
Michael Giacomelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:36:59 -0500

Hi Anthony,

I have never had a camera damaged by a power spike, but usually the labs
I've been in have pretty clean power.  In general, CMOS devices sit behind
regulated power supplies that provide a constant voltage independent of the
wall voltage up until the point where you blow up the power supply's
transistors.  If you really do get a serious voltage spike, I would check
that the power supply voltage is ok, and probably try and alternate.  Power
supplies are really cheap compared to cameras.

Mike