CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:57:27 +1100

My guess is that your 50/50 beamsplitter is not splitting
at the IR wavelength - as Sophie said, you should be able
to check it with your IR viewer.

But I must add that what you're trying to do sounds like
an awfully bad idea unless you first un-modelock the beam
so that you have CW illumination.  Otherwise you risk
doing very strange things to the specimens (put some
carbon black on a slide by holding it above a match and
then see what happens if you look at it in 2p mode).

                                              Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology
by Guy Cox    CRC Press / Taylor & Francis
    http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
Associate Professor Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon)
Electron Microscope Unit, Madsen Building F09,
University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682
Mobile 0413 281 861
     http://www.guycox.net