CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2017

From:
Stanislav Vitha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:12:29 -0600

If I understand correctly this is for the transmitted light/brightfield  incandescent lamp.

A cheap regulated lab power supply with the right output range (0-12V) works fine.
I have several Leica Ortholux I scopes (the black ones from 1960's) where I replaced the original Leica plug with two "banana" plugs (is that a right term?) that go into a 0-12V lab power supply.

Another option is to look for car/RV light dimmers, but you would probably have to feed it with 12 V DC.

Similarly, a cheap (~$3 off Ebay)  dimmable 0-12V, 8A dimmer switch should work if you can supply a DC power to it, e.g., from an old  laptop computer power adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-LED-Strip-Lights-Controller/dp/B003L4KKF2/ref=pd_sim_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4YTD01ZPNVBFTPV2E0H5

Best Regards,

Stan Vitha

Microscopy and Imaging Center