CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2021

From:
Stanislav Vitha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2021 13:46:39 -0500

It is good to hear about the 60x X-line objective, but I would say that the old PLAPON 60x/1.42 does not set the bar very high. Perhaps it was better suited for wide-field observation., but when we first used it on our Fluoview system (2006), even our new users noticed that it is not performing that well (both resolution and chromatic aberration). After testing another three objectives of the same model, I swapped it for a 100x/1.4 and was much happier.

Stan

Stanislav Vitha
Microscopy and Imaging Center
Texas A&M University