CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1993

From:
Oliver Trepte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1993 10:05:35 +0200
>We will soon make available a convertor program which converts Biorad
>PIC files to Gifs.  This program handles colour, and merged images properly.
>Also the program allows a preview of the image.  The program runs on
>PC with i386 or better processors and requires SVGA.

Wouldn't a simlpe c program, capable of converting the Biorad format to
raw binary or pgm be more useful for all who do not have an i386 and SVGA?
There are already numerous image viewing systems, many of which are share
ware or public domain, like alchemy, xv... If you just provide a simple
c program, it could run on any platform, unix, dos and Mac. Just a
thought.

        Oliver