CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2018

From:
Alfonso Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2018 12:04:21 +1200

Hi Douglas:

We use BV421 ( Biolegend or BD) or AF405, both works very good in our confocal ( FV1200) exciting with laser 405 and collecting emission with a BD 430-450.

Alfonso Schmidt
Hugh Green Cytometry Core
Staff Scientist

P:  +64 4 499 6914 x 868
E:  [log in to unmask]
W: www.malaghan.org.nz
A:  PO Box 7060, Wellington 6242, New Zealand

> On Aug 21, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Cromey, Douglas W - (dcromey) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Is there a better or preferred "blue" fluorochrome? Mostly this is a widefield fluorescence question (using a DAPI cube), but there is the possibility for using a confocal with a 405nm laser line.
>
> I'm working with a group that is trying to work around a frustrating autofluorescence issue in liver tissue. What we ended up doing on an earlier project was not using any secondaries that fluoresced in the green channel (no fitc/AF488/GFP) and instead used the green channel on our widefield microscope as a control, ratioing this image so we could subtract it out of the other channels to remove some of the broad autofluorescent background. This worked nicely. In the published images we showed nuclei (blue) and two specific stains using AF568 and AF647, with reduced background autofluorescence.
>
> The PI now wants to have labelling with three specific fluorochromes, and I am advocating using the green channel as the generic "everything lights up" channel for context, so we can hopefully skip the Hoechst 3342 or DAPI. Since we won't be using DNA dyes, is there a good blue fluorochrome that can be used as a secondary for specific labelling of a marker found on an intracellular organelle (other than the nucleus)?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

> Douglas W. Cromey, M.S. - Associate Scientific Investigator
> Dept. of Cellular & Molecular Medicine, University of Arizona
> 1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ  85724-5044 USA
>
> office:  LSN 463              email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> voice:  520-626-2824       fax:  520-626-2097
>
> http://microscopy.arizona.edu/learn/microscopy-imaging-resources-www
> Home of: "Microscopy and Imaging Resources on the WWW"
>
> UA Microscopy Alliance -  http://microscopy.arizona.edu<http://microscopy.arizona.edu/>

The information contained in this email and/or attachmentsmay contain confidential material.If it is not intended for you, please do not read, distribute or copy it or any attachments. Please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message and any attachments.Thank you.