CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1997

From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:21:17 PDT
Dear Paul,

I'm not suggesting deleting important long-term archive data. I'm
talking about deleting intermediate data that one does not have time
too look at during the expt. It seems that we take about 100-200 Mb
per imaging session and after about a week of this our primary hard
disk server would be nearly full. We therefore move the data off to MO
where it can reside for as long as one wants...

Also, I would have thought that the primary data belongs to the people
who paid for it, not the PI. This is either the institution (who
pays the PI salary) or the grant body depending on the terms of the
grant. I agree that it does not belong to the post-doc but it also
probably does not belong to the PI either...

Perhaps another line for discussion...

Regards

Mark cannell