CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2004

From:
Judy Trogadis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:52:30 -0400

Dear confocalists

We have started long-term live cell experiments (>24 hours) and
although I have followed basic instructions learned over the years,
there are still problems with our setup.

If anyone is interested in the details, we have a  fair-sized
plexiglass incubator housing the microscope stage into which I have put
a water-filled  flask through which CO2 is bubbled, we have a heater
stage, a blower providing warm air and an extra container of water for
humidity. Still, after several hours, when the temperature should have
stabilized, we see drift in focus, condensation on the inside of the lid
of the cell culture dish and inadequate humidity. CO2 is not regulated
accurately.

Does anyone know of any webiste or other literature with lots of
pictures to see how others have designed and used live cell setups.

Thank you in advance
Judy

Judy Trogadis
Bio-Imaging Coordinator