CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2017

From:
"Kilgore, Jason A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:46:01 +0000

** Vendor Reply **

Antibody stripping, as another commenter had mentioned, may be an option.  A low-pH glycine can be used.  Given that these are whole mounts, though, it may be more difficult to effectively strip.

Other than antibody stripping, the only other way I'm familiar with is photobleaching.  The AF dyes are very photostable, but as long as you aren't using an antifade mounting medium, then you could blast the cells with intense visible wavelength light, such as with a mercury lamp, and it should photobleach the dyes most or all the way.

Jason

Jason A. Kilgore
Technical Application Scientist
Molecular Probes / EVOS Tech Support
Life Sciences Solutions

Thermo Fisher Scientific
29851 Willow Creek Rd.
Eugene, OR  97402-9132
1-800-955-6288 then option 4, then option 6, then option 2.
Or dial direct at +1 541 335 0353
www.lifetechnologies.com

This communication is intended solely for the individual/entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information.  Any unauthorized disclosure or copying is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.