CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2010

From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 15:49:49 -0700

Hi Sean,

though I haven't published it, I compared a number of variants with the best
linker has been described in the 2008 paper pasted below (Mat&Methods section).
Luckily my protein was still functional when fused to GFP/YFP, and I had
designed a simple test for the protein functionality, which is in part described
in the 2000 paper (Fig. 1).

1. Chukkapalli V., I. B. Hogue, V. Boyko, W.S. Hu, and A. Ono. 2008. Interaction
between HIV-1 Gag matrix domain and phosphatidylinositol-(4,5)-bisphosphate is
essential for efficient Gag-membrane binding. J. Virol. 82(5):2405-17.

2. Boyko, V., J. Ferralli, J. Ashby, P. Schellenbaum, and M. Heinlein. 2000.
Function of microtubules in intercellular transport of plant virus RNA. Nature
Cell Biol. 2:826-832. This research paper described several
temperature-sensitive mutants of the movement protein

Good luck,

Vitaly
301-515-7833