CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2018

From:
Jeff Carmichael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2018 09:50:54 -0400

Sripad and Jim,

Yes, the DNA barcoding approach is potentially very powerful. I'm not very
familiar with it but I see this paper, published this month in Cell:
https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(18)30904-8.pdf

Otherwise, my experience is that simplicity will aid reproducibility.
That's partly what is attractive to me about the modified-hapten approach.
It sounds like you have more patience than I do regarding complex sample
processing!

I'm curious what the utility of these various techniques will be in
applications ranging from basic research to preclinical to highly
multiplexed clinical data acquisition. All have somewhat different aims &
requirements.

Jeff

--
 <https://www.chroma.com/>CHROMA TECHNOLOGY CORP®