CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2022

From:
Douglas Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2022 17:20:19 -0500
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Hi Claire,

I like to use CM-DII. It's PFA fixable, so although it's a lipophilic dye,
it will stay in place even after tissue clearing. I've never tried tail
vein injections, just transcardial. It gives incredible staining, but might
not be that much cheaper than lectin.  See Figure 9 here:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35128463/

I also have another group that uses fluorescein-labeled-albumin in warm
gelatin. This is probably more economical. the protocol here:
https://www.jneurosci.org/content/29/46/14553

-Doug