CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2014

From:
Michael Abanto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:26:36 +0200

Hi,

I have a user who wants to do live cell imaging and then fix, stain and re-image. The idea is to track the cell first while it's alive, and then check out it's expression etc after. The problem is that the cells are not very adherent and they detach easily if any fluid is changed, e.g. during subsequent washing/staining.

So, does anyone know of a method to sufficiently immobilize the cells after a live-cell experiment so that they can be post fixed and stained without being washed away?

The user has had very limited success with PLL, and I wondered if someone had some clever (and preferably low cost/easily implemented) single cell trick.

Thanks for any reply,

Mike