CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
Xavier Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 12:42:14 CST
Dear Steven

you wrote:
What is the best way of obtaining images that containing both red and
green channels on the same image, such theat they can be exported etc
to produce high quality hardcopies? Also, is it possible to
simultaneously scan and display both channels using the MRC 1000?

    My solution has been; simultaneous scan with split screen and then work the
images with NIH Image (in a Mac-PowerPC) the macros prepared by Harvey J. Karten
(email: [log in to unmask]) are very good. My images are sets of 30-40 MB and I
down load then via the net or with a zip disk (sneaker net). The split and color
merge macros need some RAM, I am using now 120MB. The added advantage is that
you could do 3D reconstruction in color. This option is the least expensive that
I have. For the hard copies I use a tectronics printer.

    Other option is to upgrade to 1024. I am just starting to use it, and 3 PMT
with 3 colors in the screen has advantages.

    Other option contact:

Bren Gannon < [log in to unmask] > Visiting Professor
Current Address: Physiology Dept., LSU Medical Center,
1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, Louisiana LA 71130, USA
Ph (318)675-6974 Fax (318)675-6005

Address after 12 Jul 96: < [log in to unmask] >
Anatomy & Histology Dept, School of Medicine, Flinders University,
GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, S. Aust 5001, AUSTRALIA
Ph (+61-8)204-4183 Fax (+61-8)277-0085

    He will fly to your continent tomarrow.
    Bren has a system (base on IBM) to reconstruct tissue samples (100-150um)
with 3 colors (the images that he generates are impresive!!)

Xavier

Xavier Alvarez
LSUMC-Shreveport, Louisiana
Heme/Onco-Cancer Center